We specialize in electric bicycles, electric wheelchairs, mountain bicycles and parts such as batteries and other bicycle accessories.
Welcome to ElectricScooter.US.com
Our company has formed alliance with manufacturer of light electric vehicle (LEV) such as electric scooters, electric bicycles, electric wheelchairs, mountain bicycles, and LEV parts like batteries, chargers and more. We work hard to guarantee you the lowest price on quality equipment. So browse around our web site and please don't hesitate to eMail us at email@example.com with any questions you might have on any of our products.
» Our PowerSmart electric bikes
Our PowerSmart electric bikes
1.You use Lithium batteries. Are they safe?
Our PowerSmart electric bikes have powerpacks that use Lithium Manganese batteries. These are distinct from the standard Lithium ion batteries that have a Cobalt cathode. These are prone to thermal runaway - ie explosion and fire. The bad news is that this cheap variant is finding its way into more and more electric bikes.
Manganese, unlike Cobalt, is a safe and more environmentally benign cathode material. If you're buying a Lithium powered electric bike from someone else, ask them about battery safety - if they cannot guarantee that they use Lithium Manganese, it's simple: don't buy!
2. What is your relationship with the manufacturer of your bikes? We have formed alliance with manufacturers of electric bikes and Lithium Manganese batteries for electric bikes. We have met with PowerSmart, our manufacturer, many times and are in daily contact with them. As a result, we have contributed many ideas to the design of these bikes. That's why they're so well suited to British roads.
3. Is the bike light enough to lift unaided? A lot of electric bikes come with heavy steel frames and old-fashioned lead acid batteries. PowerSmart bikes are built around alloy frames and use lighter battery technology, and are, on average, around 10-12kg lighter than most electric bikes. And they all come with removable batteries, making them even easier to transport on a bike rack.
4. Is it fitted with reflectors, mudguards and a bell, as required by law?
All PowerSmart bikes come with the complete set of accessories required by USA law. Some importers forget to check their bikes for this.
5. Does it have the power to climb hills?
The PowerSmart XEB0003U.B races up most hills and our XEB0004U.B model has been given the title 'best hill-climber' by A to B magazine. We've heard from customers that certain cheaper electric bikes ground to a halt when faced with even a small hill.
6. How far will it go on a single charge?
The PowerSmart XEB0003U.B, for example, will carry you between 25 and 50 miles on a full charge, depending on terrain, use of the motor and rider weight.
7. How smooth is the ride? Is there any suspension?
The PowerSmart XEB0003U.B offers the smoothest bicycle rides around, thanks to their sprung saddles, front and rear suspension and specially-designed tyres. The riding position is perfect and feels very safe indeed.
8. What gears do you use? Are they any good?
Our PowerSmart XEB0003U.B model is fitted with excellent, low-maintenance Shimano Nexus gears. You can shift up and down the gear range at a complete standstill, handy when you have to stop for a red light and then make a quick getaway.
9. What is the frame made of? Will it corrode?
ALL our bikes are built around a durable but lightweight corrosion-resistant aluminium alloy frame. Many cheap electric bikes still use a heavier steel frame - not even stainless steel - that will be prone to rust.
10. Why is your bike fitted with tiny wheels - won't that make it a bit uncomfortable to ride?
All our bikes are fitted with either 26 inch or 700C tyres that mop up the bumps and guarantee a smooth ride, mile after mile. They also come with puncture resistant tyres. Certain electric bikes come with tiny wheels that make for a disconcerting riding experience. Avoid!
11. Will I feel embarrassed or unsafe riding this bike around?
All our bikes have excellent road presence and give a commanding riding position. We've avoided over-trendy or clunky designs in favour of elegant lines and attractive colours. These are not novelty bikes, they look, feel and perform impressively.
12. Is it legal to use in the USA?
All PowerSmart bikes are legal to use on USA roads, even without a driving licence. We offer the option of pedal assistance on our most recent stock which means you can use them on the continent too.
PowerSmart Electric Bicycle Shop Online!
We are a top electric bicycle shop online! We provide electric bicycles and electric bicycle parts for sale!
We have formed alliance with manufacturer of light electric vehicle (LEV) such as electric bicycles, electric wheelchairs, mountain bikes, and LEV parts like batteries, chargers and more.